I am excited to be nominated for a great, new Blogger Award – the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. My thanks to Luke at www.thecaskconnoisseur.com for the nomination.
Luke is an insightful and inspirational blogger who always brings enthusiasm, knowledge, and positivity to his posts. (I hope to share a beer with him one day in England).
The rules of this award
Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer your nominator’s questions
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them new questions
- Notify your nominees by visiting and commenting on their blog
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo
Provide the Link to the Award creator
Now here are the answers to Luke’s questions.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I see myself being a full time blogger within a few years. Definitely 10 years from now. I’ll be travelling more in the coming years and writing about it in my blog.
What got you into blogging?
I was asked to write a travel article for a golf magazine about 12 years ago. I went onto write a few articles and was paid for it. The editor left and the incoming editor canned everybody (including me). By this point, I had the “writing bug” so I started my own blog – Mark’s Travel Journal
Where is the best place in the world, you’ve visited?
The best place in the world is a tough one to answer. Dubai, Egypt and Rio de Janeiro are all at the top. I live in Canada so I don’t visit per se but Canada is amazing. I’m a big fan of Austria and have visited there many times. My father grew up there. I love the food, people, drink and views. Austria may be the best place for me and I highly recommend a visit if you haven’t been.
Your favourite alcoholic drink?
My favourite alcoholic drink is definitely beer. And that’s one of the reasons why I like Luke’s blog – www.thecaskconnoisseur.com. As a regular reader, I think more about what I’m drinking and have an extra appreciation for the craft.When I buy beer to drink at home, I normally buy 3 or 4 different beers. And when I go to a pub, I look for what is local and what’s on tap. I like the adventure of trying different beers.
If you could meet someone famous or a celebrity, who would it be?
I had the good fortune to meet Sir Richard Branson a few years ago. (Here’s my post – Hello Sir Richard). That was really exciting. He’s a very nice man and a true gentleman. I really don’t have anyone that stands out as wanting to meet although Jennifer Lopez might be a solid choice…
I’ve been blogging for 10 years as of fall 2020. I really can’t believe it. Rather than nominate other veteran bloggers, I’d like to nominate newer bloggers. Please check them out and show some blog love and support. Here they are:
1. The Lifestyle Confessions – @Lifestyleconf7 – As the title would suggest, there is a little bit of everything here – and with great humour. Love, healthy living, everyday life, and more.
2. Lucy Jacovelli – @lucyjacovelli – Lucy is in her first year with her blog. She covers life, beauty and travel. Her work is fresh and inspired. She’s a lass from Edinburgh and her blog deserves a read. Check it out!
3. Pugsy Wanderlusts – @Hayley_Pugs – Hayley is an inspired travel nomad (ah, to be young again…). Her blog is a journal about travel, lifestyle and other inspirations. Her blog is uber cool and features YouTube videos well worth a watch.
4. Positivity Pledge – @positive_pledge – Brittany is a just a few months into blogging but is off to a great start. Her blog is all about positivity (something we could all use a little more of) and self-improvement. It features wellness, creativity, productivity, relationships and living. Great stories and information. Have a look!
Here’s my questions, in no particular order:
- What is your top lesson learned from living in a pandemic?
- What country would you love to live in?
- Who is your “hippest” relative and why?
- Where is your next trip to?
- Who is your favourite musical act?
I hope my nominees will join the fun but no pressure to join in. Above all – please support your fellow blogger, and these blogs, with views, likes, shares, and comments.
Cheers, and happy travels!